Monday, May 5, 2008

Rain.

Friday night was lovely. Lots of friends came and a grand time was had by all, I think. If you didn't RSVP or if you RSVP'd a "yes" and didn't come, then you missed out! Sadly, no one had a camera, so still no photos of the event. However, I did get a photo of the rainbow jello later-- so here it is.



Impressive, no?

So I came home Friday night and really felt grateful for my friends and that they were willing to come out to support me. And even stay to help me clean up! (Thanks, Kelli and Rosie!)

But then Saturday several things conspired to make it a really tough day. And Saturday evening, I just curled up in a chair with my knitting and tried to adopt the "tomorrow is another day" philosophy. But Scarlett O'Hara failed me yet again. Because Sunday wasn't really any better. For once, I really looked forward to Monday. I had a good long talk with a friend. Chris comes home this week. Painting is going well, even if other things aren't. Someone reminded me to cut myself some slack-- and I'm trying. And today has dawned bright and beautiful.

Yet I feel like this--



*Photo Credits: Jenn (Rainbow Jello) NYTimes (Rainy Seattle)

No comments:

Post a Comment