Friday, December 12, 2008

Yet more images...

I finally got to my camera, the cable and a computer all at once. Actually, Chris loaded them for me, but I'm making an effort here, so work with me, ok?

These are a few more photos from last Thursday and from my studio this week...

In the true Guillebeau tradition, here's a picture of someone taking a picture of me. This is Yuriko, another artist (and friend) from the Fat Tiger Show.



My recent work... An old Chatter Phone, mailed from my mom. (Thanks, Mom!) The colors are more accurate here, but the glare is terrible.



Here there's no glare, but the colors are terrible. You see the dilemma.



This (what do you call this thing?) is a toy I loved as a kid. Except I could never get the shapes out once I put them in. And that made me mad. Now they've made it easier to open, or my arms are stronger, because I can get the shapes out pretty easily.



I found it at the Ballard Goodwill for $1.49. I love that. And it has all the pieces.


Ok, I'm off. The next pictures you'll see here will be of sunny skies and ocean views. Meanwhile, have a Merry Christmas and eat a candy cane for me.

4 comments:

  1. I like the glare on the chatter phone... it adds dimension. personal opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just tell you how much I adore your painting of the phone? Memories of my childhood rushed past me as soon as I saw it!

    (I just wandered over after seeing your Mondo Beyondo on the Superhero blog). Nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these fun images...they remind me of times with at my grandparents. They had one of those hard-to-pull-apart things too!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anjolie, thanks for letting me know about the comments-- hopefully they are working now. I'm glad you like the painting.

    Thanks, Tanaya! Your comment made my day. It's nice to meet you, too.

    TeraKaylen-- I need a real photographer to show me the best way to take pictures of my paintings. I also need a visit from my sister. See what you can do about this!

    ReplyDelete