Saturday, January 24, 2009

January.

Ok, I figure you guys deserve an update. I can't promise it will be coherent, but since we're well in to 2009, I want to say something about my life at the moment. So I'm going to make a list of things I need to tell you.

1. The vacation was fabulous.
2. Christmas with the family was lovely.
3. Our house is a disaster.
4. I've made my goals for 2009 and I should tell you about them.
5. Some things will change around here soon.
6. My ankle is better--that's a good thing.
7. Have you heard about Plinky? It's fun.

Ok, that's a good place to start...but I guess you need details too.

So, mid-December we left for our annual Guillebeau goal-setting vacation. We went on a cruise to the western Caribbean-- we love to cruise because it reminds us of living on the Anastasis, but with better food. We had a great week on the water, though we didn't explore much because I was still not very good at walking. We returned to Miami on the 21st, and I got to see an old friend from the ship who was sailing out that same day for her wedding cruise (Hi, Lynda!). It was great to see her and meet her fiance and give her a big hug to send her off.

From Miami we flew to visit the family for a busy four days of Christmas, food, photos and fun. We had a great visit, but after two weeks we were ready to return to Seattle and settle in to normal life again and start working on all the goals we set on the cruise. (Speaking of goals, I think I'll leave mine for a separate post. Otherwise, this post will be so very long.) We had missed all the crazy snow that happened in Seattle, but we discovered that the weather would have a lasting effect.

That's a good stopping place for the moment. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment