Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Update...

Chris and I have been working today to set up the office/studio. Last week when we moved in, we automatically took our bed to the larger room and all our other stuff to the smaller room, but after a couple of days we thought since our bed and nightstands are the only furniture in our bedroom and we're trying to cram my easel, my desk, his filing cabinet, his desk, the printer and bookshelves in to the smaller room, then why not switch rooms? So we did. It meant we had to move the bed last night and I never want to move the filing cabinet again, but now we have twice the space for an office/studio and our bed still fits nicely in the smaller room.

In that process I had to move a big stack of paintings and I realized that I had a few that weren't posted here. So, a painting update.



I painted this in early December. It was in the Fat Tiger Show, but somehow it didn't make it here.



This was January's big painting. I think it made it on to the blog, but not in a completed form.



And this was my painting this month. I played with the Fisher-Price Little People for hours at a time when I was a kid, so these were an obvious choice for my next painting. They are the people from the Little People Airplane Set, a pilot, a "stewardess" (because that's what they were called in 1981) and the luggage cart. I found them on eBay. I'm still looking for the airplane-- I want to paint the complete set. Meanwhile, I'm going to go finish setting up the studio, so I'll have more to show you soon.

(By the way, this is my 102nd post-- I let that milestone slip by in the midst of all the moving...)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog -- and welcome to Portland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We're really excited about PDX. I'm looking forward to getting to know other artists in the area.

    ReplyDelete