Wednesday, February 6, 2008

More details.

Today was all about details. I worked on the shells on the left side of the painting

and on the sunglasses in the center

and on small things all over that attracted my attention-- like a rough spot in the glass of the wine bottle. I also painted the sides of the canvas, so that it could be displayed without a frame, if necessary.

Here's the progress:



Now I have to get back to work-- I just received the dates for my first show. It's just a small show here in the hallway at Gage, but I have to have everything ready in two weeks! I'll let you know how things go and post the dates here once they are finalized.

And for those of you who are curious, here's my view of the things I'm painting-- obviously the view from the window is a bit different.


That line of lights in the background is the traffic on I-5 this afternoon, and it makes me glad I'm riding the bus home!

No comments:

Post a Comment