Monday, February 11, 2008

Weekend recap...

My weekend consisted mostly of working on Saturday, then off to church and hanging out with friends. Sleeping late on Sunday morning, finally rescuing Princess Peach in Super Mario Galaxy and then going to the gym with Chris.

After that, we walked over and had a late lunch and went home. I made a cake (it wasn't terrible, but could've been better) and gathered my stuff together for "20 things" at Hysteria. What's "20 things"? It's our own version of recycling. Once per quarter, we each bring 20 things that we no longer need or want to our Sunday night group and we swap. Maybe I have a coat that I never wear anymore or a toaster that take up too much space. I bring it along and find that Meghan or Kelli or Jennifer really needed a toaster or a hot pink rain coat. And I discover that Kelli's black turtleneck sweater looks better on me than it did on her. It's a way to reuse old things or get new things without spending money. For example, last night I got: a pair of khaki pants (new with tags), a black turtleneck sweater, a reading light, a bathroom scale and some really pretty things for still life paintings. (You'll see some of them in paintings soon.) Finally, anything that doesn't get claimed goes to Goodwill at the end of the night.


And speaking of paintings, today I straightened edges and cleaned up a few wonky places. I'll post a picture tomorrow--just to keep you in suspense! (It really didn't change that much.)

No comments:

Post a Comment