Friday, March 20, 2009

Stone Soup Challenge

I joined the Stone Soup Challenge last month. I thought it was a neat idea and planned to blog about it, but promptly forgot to do so and moved on with life.

Wednesday (after my post requesting help) I made my first Etsy sale in almost a year. I had almost given up on Etsy, because it just didn't seem to be worth the effort and I wasn't willing to spend hours a day promoting my Etsy shop-- I'd rather be painting.

But Mary found my work on Etsy because of the Stone Soup Challenge and made a purchase. On the day I requested help from the Universe. Coincidence? I think not. I'm taking it as a sign to keep going. Maybe I can make a real career out of being an artist-- even in this economy.

(An aside: Hey, Universe-- this doesn't mean you're off the hook. One sale doesn't convince me that I still don't need a second job, but thanks for the encouragement. Keep it up!)

So today I used the proceeds from my sale to support another Stone Soup Artist. I can't wait to see what arrives in my mailbox!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Jolie! Guess we're both learning to ask for what we need -- and getting it. And we're connected by Stone Soup: cool. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kristin! I love your work and can't wait to spend Stone Soup proceeds toward a pair of your beautiful earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jolie, which painting did you sell?

    ReplyDelete