Monday, July 14, 2008

A new painting...

I don't know if I've mentioned this yet, but I love my new studio. It's quiet and cool on warm days. It's private and most of all-- it's mine! Having my own studio was one of the dreams I wrote down a few years ago as a Mondo Beyondo dream. And now, it's real. Wow.

And though I miss my studio mates, I must admit-- I'm getting so much done. Last Tuesday, I ran some errands, then painted for awhile, then took a break for lunch and wrote in my journal before I settled back in around 2:00 for an afternoon of painting. I figured I'd paint until around 5pm, then run to the grocery store and go home and play with the cat. I picked up my brush and... just a few minutes later, realized it was 6:15. I had been painting for four hours! I thought it was only 30 minutes.

So this is what I started today:

I know, it's a blank canvas, but not really. I worked for awhile to get the light to move across the background. You'll see why later in the week.



Here's what I'm looking at (though the color is wrong and it's a little out of focus):

No comments:

Post a Comment