Monday, January 7, 2008

Just say it already.

So here we are. I'm just going to say it. Maybe if I keep saying it aloud it will become less scary. (I hope.) Maybe if I say it aloud it will increase the odds of it happening. Maybe if I say it aloud it will work. Or maybe I will just fail with all of you watching. (uh...) Ok, I thought about it and I'm still going to say it.

2008 is the year Jolie Guillebeau (me!) goes pro with her artwork.

That means I sell something. Maybe more than something, but 2 somethings, or even 3. It means I paint frantically, passionately and furiously. It means I step out on a limb and show my work. It means I take risks and attempt to build something from all of the things I've learned over the past two years. It means I take all of these concepts I've had floating around in my head and make them real. It means I really DO something with this chance that I have to be a "real" Artist (with a capital A).

Oh. God. This is really terrifying. I need some ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment