Monday, January 28, 2008

More snow...

The view from my studio:

Um. Never mind. I don't have the cable for the camera, so those pictures will have to wait until tomorrow.

Awkward silence...

*Look, now I've got the cable!


So, anyway, how was the weekend? Mine was a bit manic. A new show opened at the Frye, and it was pretty crowded both Friday and Saturday. The Frye Museum is my other job-- it's the one that actually provides a paycheck. I love that I get paid to look at paintings. I learn a lot just by looking at the work on the walls. Plus, I love the group of people that I work with. We have a lot of fun together. It's the perfect job for me right now. I usually work there Thursday evenings, Fridays and Saturdays. Which is why I only post here Monday-Thursday while I'm actually in my studio.

And then last night I hosted Hysteria. That's the group of girls (we don't feel old enough to be a women's group) who get together every Sunday night and do crafty things. Well, some of us do crafty things, and some of us just sit around and chat and eat. Either way, we have fun together.

The big plans for today include starting my new painting. I'll take pictures and post progress of it each week--if I can remember to bring the cable for the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment